Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jitterbug

Now that the Bears Paw quilt is off at the quilters I have already started on my next one. Spent 6 hours yesterday cutting out the pieces for the next quilt. The assorted colours above are from one jelly roll so these came pre-cut at 2 1/2inches wide, I just had to measure the length to cut which was easy and fun.

Cutting out the white fabric was a bit more challenging though. It came as one big piece so it had to be cut down into 2 1/2 inch srips then cut to the relevant length. Turns out I didn't quite order enough of the white fabric, it is short by one 2 1/2 inch strip! I am actually planning on turning this into a queen size quilt though so I will need to buy more white fabric anyway. 

Below is a picture from the book I am working from which shows the overall pattern it will have when put together.

5 comments:

gracie said...

Lots of work, but it will look wonderful.

Bec said...

HAHA! you are a very keen quilter!

I much prefer the colours you have for the quilt, than the one it shows in the book. :)

Can't wait to see you start it!
xo

Steph said...

Yes, it's always exciting starting new things. I agree, I wasn't keen on the colours in the book. This quilt will be for our bed so the colours will suit perfectly!

Joysze said...

Hi Steph. Found you via Bec's blog. :)

Ooooh, this quilt is going to be pretty. Love the colors.

sharine said...

Hi I just found your blog. I love your bears paws quilt and your next one looks lovely