Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shoe bag

I have been meaning to put together a bag for my work shoes for some time and managed to sew one up today. I found the pattern on the internet and found it difficult to interpret the instructions. After a few incorrect seams and a lot of unpicking I realised where I went wrong. Here are some pics:

The zigzag stitch was the most challenging. I've rarely ever used it before, as I'm relatively new to using a sewing machine, and it ended up bunching the fabric. I tried re-threading the machine but that didn't seem to make a difference. I think the fabric was too light and thin. In the end it turned out ok though and I can now carry my shoes in a much nicer bag than a spare plastic shopping bag :)