Sunday, June 19, 2011

Country tin

I finished off this painting last weekend :) It's probably the best one I've done so far in terms of painting technique. I am very happy with how the shading came out. Shading has always been a challenge for me. I must admit I was a little worried about painting on a tin surface, as I've only ever painted on wood, but to my amazement it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I actually really enjoyed painting on this surface. The background is slightly textured due to how the paint is applied; rather than using a brush you simply apply the background paint by dabbing with a sponge. It gives you a nice even surface. I found also that you don't need to apply as many coats of paint when painting the design, so you end up finishing it quicker than normal which is always a bonus!

No comments: